Free heart risk screening includes:
* Testing for blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar
* Weight and body mass index
* One on one consultation and follow up treatment with a nurse practitioner
Access to program focuses on physical activity, health education, which includes:
* Walking, low impact exercises
* Healthy meal planning, shopping, best practices for nutrition for chronic
* Managing stress, controlling eating triggers
* Education on risk factors and how they affect your heart
* Support groups on how to make small lifestyle changes, and group session on
how to sustain a healthy Lifestyle
* Support groups on overcoming barriers to your success.
For more information please contact Manna Ministries program coordinator at 601-916-8191
For more information on Heart 2 Heart click the arrow
Manna Ministries is honored to be awarded a $35,000 grant in support of our "Head & Heart".
Head to Heart is an after-school mentoring program for children so they are reading on grade level by the end of the 3rd grade. Intended result: Elementary students are prepared to succeed in later grades.
For more information call us or click on the contact us tab and email us.
The tutoring program is made possible in part by United Way of South Mississippi. Give to Manna Ministires through your employer to the Combined Federal Campaign, our CFC #41287.
Manna Ministries Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and volunteer organization and all qualified applicants to all of our programs and/or employment will receive consideration for eligibility into such programs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
SHUT-IN THANKSGIVING BASKET DONATION ITEMS:
PLEASE TURN ITEMS IN BY 3:00 PM MONDAY NOV 23rd